Saturday, October 15, 2011

Nail Polish Haul! (Essie, Wet N Wild, and more!) [Swatches]

Just last week, I decided to stop by my local drugstore (Harmon Discount) to grab a new blush and bronzer. While I was there, I picked up a few different brands of nail polish, one of which I've never tried before, Wet N Wild's Wild Shine line. Overall, I have mixed feelings about each polish.

The names of the nail polishes from left to right are: Essie's Absolutely Shore, Revlon's Minted, Sally Hansen nailgrowth Miracle in Creamy Olive, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac, and Wet N Wild Tickled Pink, Blazed, and Sunny Side Up.

I am definitely in love with Essie's Absolutely Shore; the shade is not too dark and gives a pale minted color which I think is suitable for the chilly weather we've been getting here. The only problem I have with Essie is the thin formula they use for their polishes. I've experienced streaking problems before. Therefore, it's hard to fix a nail when you mess up. In addition, because it is thin, I recommend applying at least three to four layers to have the color evenly spread on your nails.

Unlike Essie, Revlon did have a thicker formula, so applying it was a lot quicker and easier; I only had to apply a maximum of two layers. Like the name implies, the color is very Minted, maybe a little greener than what I would have preferred.

The Sally Hansen Creamy Olive is indeed very creamy. At first, I though application would be smooth and easy because of its thick formula. However, the application brush proved to be a hassle to work with; the brush resembled an flat eye shading brush. Although it may have picked up an adequate amount of nail polish (maybe too much at times), it will take some practice to get use to the odd brush shape. The color is a little dark for what I would usually wear but it is definitely wearable.
From top to bottom: Absolutely Shore, Minted, Creamy Olive
 Originally, instead of purchasing Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac, I was going to bring home Essie's Lilacism. However, after witnessing my friend's experience with the color (the color turned blue after few days of application), it deterred my attention. This color is absolutely adorable! The shade of purple mirrors a cute lavender color and is darker than Essie's Lilacism. Similarly, it has a thick formula but does not have the unusual brush tip like in the other nail polish. I only had to apply two coats which is always a plus!

Finally, the three Wet N Wild nail polishes I purchased were summer like colors (Oh how I miss summer!) The Tickled Pink is a very sugary pink, not as pastel as I thought it would be. I also purchased the color Blazed thinking it would resemble the color of a watermelon, but it came out redder than I thought it would. And last, the Sunny Side Up was disappointing for me; it was not as bright as what I had expected. The orange color actually seems a little dull. As for the name "Wild Shine", I don't really notice any drastic shininess than when my other nail polishes are applied. In addition, the polish had a very thin formula which definitely requires 3+ coats. Overall,  the colors are wearable but I personally am not in love with them.  Considering the price I bought them at ($0.89 for each), the saying "You get what you paid for" would be suitable here.
From top to bottom: Lacey Lilac, Tickled Pink, Sunny Side Up, Blazed, Minted
My favorite and recommended nail polishes out of my whole purchase would be Absolutely Shore and Lacey Lilac. Hope you guys enjoyed reading my first haul! :)

Love,
Melody

2 comments:

ooh I like the absolutely shore! ♥♥
do some nails inc please ;)

some other okay nail polish that I've heard of from Harmons and other drugstores would be Sinful. It's like $1.89 per bottle if you wanted to check it out. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
dreamhost coupon Octofinder