Friday, November 4, 2011

Melody's October Mini-haul! [Swatches]

Hey guys! Can you believe it's already November?! I know this is a few days late but here are the products I bought in the month of October.

  • NYX blush in #06 Peach
  • Wet n Wild Color Icon blusher in Pearlescent Pink
  • L'Oreal HiP metallic eye shadow duo in Electrified (#510)
  • L'Oreal extra intense liquid pencil eyeliner in Carbon Black
  • L'Oreal Limited Edition Cockatoo's Mystery
  • Revlon super lustrous lipstick #668 Primrose
  • Escada Taj Sunset Eau de Toilette
  • Ecotools blush brush
Quick Overview of the Products
The NYX Blush I bought was quite a disappointment. I've never had a problem with NYX's pigmentation; in fact, their products' pigmentation are excellent for their price. However, when I applied the blush, the color was barely noticeable on my cheeks. It took a few buffs until the color showed. I love the color, but it was just too sheer for my taste.

Unlike the NYX blush, the Wet n Wild Blusher was definitely not disappointing! This product is extremely pigmented and the color is beautiful. Be careful not to apply an overwhelming amount though! I advise you to dab the your brush into the blush rather than swirl the brush because it will grab a tremendous amount of product.

I also picked up L'Oreal Hip Metallic Eye Shadow in Electrified on my trip to Harmon's. The pigmentation is   amazing! I absolutely adore the colors; they are very wearable even as an everyday look (maybe not to school though). The shadows have a slight cream consistency and are very bendable. I originally thought the purple would be more purple, but it's actually leaning on the purple-brown side. However, I don't really mind because I think the duo looks great together either way.

Another L'Oreal product I bought was the Intense Liquid Pencil in Carbon Black. Originally, I had hope to find Milani Liquif'eye at Walgreen, but the store I went to didn't carry Milani. In desperate need of a liquid pencil eyeliner, I bought the L'Oreal one only to find out it wasn't water proof (I should have payed more attention to the labels). The eyeliner comes with a smudger which can come in handy in making the look softer. As the name suggests, the color is very black. When applying the eyeliner, I would wait a few seconds to let it dry so it doesn't smudge. However, because it is not waterproof, rubbing your eyes can easily mess up the look! So watch out for that.

Grey nail polish seems to be a trend this fall, so I bought L'Oreal's Cockatoo's Mystery on a whim. I love this color! The color is a medium grey and a hint of purple can be seen depending on the lighting. Two coats was enough for me to get an even look my nails. I would really recommend this nail polish!

The Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Primrose was an okay product. I found that it doesn't apply evenly on my lips, which was a disappointment because the color is very pretty. Although it claims to be moisturizing, I actually found it to dry out my lips rather quickly. However, the pigmentation and the lasting power is excellent.

I have always been a fan of Escada perfume. Therefore, I had to get the Taj Sunset before they took it off the market. I only found out recently that they change their perfume every summer (No wonder I can't find Rockin' Rio anywhere!) This perfume has a very summer citrus scent. The citrus scent is not overwhelming like oranges or lemons; it's really sweet. I can also smell mangoes, which are one of my favorite fruits! It is now my new favorite perfume and I absolutely adore it!

Without flash - From left to right: Revlon lipstick in Primrose, Wet n Wild blush in Pearlescent Pink, NYX blush in Peach, L'Oreal HiP eye shadow duo in Electrified
With flash

That is it for my October mini-haul! I will be doing a more indepth review for few of the products, so stay tuned!

Love,
Melody

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
dreamhost coupon Octofinder