Friday, November 18, 2011

Jessica's Japanese Beauty Haul! [Swatches]


My mom's friend has a daughter who lives in Japan, and she recently came to visit her father the States. Knowing how much I love everything Japanese and makeup-related, he asked me if I wanted her to bring anything over. I graciously requested Cure Natural Aqua Gel and K-Palette's 1 Day Tattoo Eyeliner after hearing great things about both of them. Turns out she got me a little more than that! Daww, how sweet! ^^

Skincare
Going in somewhat of an order from the picture, the first of the two skin care items I received was this Curel Foaming Wash for Sensitive Skin with Intensive Moisture Care (most of these products are completely in Japanese-- just trying to pull some English words from here lol). It comes out of the pump as a light foam and has no scent.

Next is my beloved Cure Natural Aqua Gel. It's apparently Japan's best selling exfoliant and it's safe and suitable for all skin types. What makes this exfoliant unique is that it has the consistency of a gel at first with no scrubby bits or anything. As you massage it on your face, a fine layer of dead skin cells on the surface of your face are sloughed off and "ball up". I used this last night, and my skin feels sooo smooth right now..
Left to right: Cure Natural Aqua Gel, Curél Foaming Wash
To BB creams/foundation!
Packaged in the plastic box with pretty black detailing is the AC AngelColor Perfect Keep Makeup Base. After some googling, I learned that this is a popular Japanese "base makeup", which is more like foundation than BB cream. It comes out of the tube with an opaque, yellow-gold tint.

Moving onward is the Kanebo Freshel White C Mineral BB Cream. I got a small sample tube, and according to the label it is "something OK!" and "No.1 something of 2010" (again, it's all in Japanese, but I'm assuming it's all good). It comes out of the tube with a more neutral tone than the AngelColor base makeup.

Nanoce BB Moist Cream is the last face product I got. It comes in a lovely pink tube with taupe-y accents. When swatched, it looks the least-yellow with a smidgen of a pink undertone.
Left to right: AC AngelColor Perfect Keep Makeup Base, Kanebo Freshel White C Mineral BB Cream, Nanocé BB Moist Cream
Makeup
Finally is K-Palette's 1 Day Tattoo Eyeliner. I've been eyeing this liquid eyeliner for a long time and here it is now! It's Japan's best selling eyeliner and has the ability to draw thick and the thinnest lines thanks to its pointy brush tip. However, the pigmentation isn't that great at first stroke. You might have to go over the line many times to get the intensity you want.
K-Palette's 1 Day Tattoo Eyeliner
So that's basically everything I got. Reviews on many of these products coming soon!

Love,
Jessica

2 comments:

So, would you recommend the kpalette?

Yes I would! It draws wonderfully thick and thin lines and removes with ease. A full review will be up soon :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
dreamhost coupon Octofinder